The Development Associate serves as administrative support to the Director of Development. Under the supervision of the Director, the Assistant is a key member of a two-person Development office and is involved with all fundraising related activities. St. Matthew’s Episcopal Day School is a collaborative work environment and initiative and creativity are encouraged.
- Maintain a comprehensive stewardship program that includes data entry and donor acknowledgement for giving, event and volunteer activities in the existing fundraising database
- Work with the Director and provide administrative support for the St. Matthew’s Fund and fundraising events such as the biennial auction, Grandparents Day, donor recognition events, Count-Me-In events, Alumni dinner. Attendance at evening and weekend events required.
- Conduct and report on prospective donor research
- Assist in setting up a formal Alumni Association
- Maintain mailing lists and prepare large mailings, such as for the annual fund solicitations
- Collaborate with colleagues to advance department and administrative goals
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree preferred. 2-4 years’ work experience in development, database management and event planning.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Strong proficiency in Word and Excel, donor database and desktop publishing is a must
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail
- High degree of professionalism while maintaining complete confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment; strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills, and attention to detail.
This position is part time (.40 FTE, 16 hours/week) and has opportunity for growth. Compensation based on experience.
The School's mission is to inspire, through an academically challenging course of study, the intellectual curiosity, confidence, moral courage, and character that prepare students to be leaders of positive change in the world.
St. Matthew’s Episcopal Day School is committed to equitable hiring practices, and enthusiastically encourages professionals of all backgrounds to apply.