ASSISTANT ATHLETIC DIRECTOR/ASSISTANT PE TEACHER (PART-TIME)
We are seeking a part-time (50% FTE) Assistant Athletic Director and Assistant Physical Education Teacher to partner with the current Athletic Director and PE teachers to provide an engaging PE Program to our First - Eighth grade students. We are looking for an engaging, creative and innovative team member who will support our students and parents to carry forth the Episcopal tradition, Mission, Philosophy and Core Values of our school. St. Matthew’s is an equal opportunity employer.
- Assist in leading PE activities and supervising groups of students in 1st - 8th Grade PE classes
- Support a warm and caring classroom community
- Support a learning space that is differentiated, engaging and responsive
- With the lead teachers, identify and respond to individual students’ social and emotional needs
- Support a variety of teaching techniques and strategies to engage students in learning
- Along with the lead teachers, support students in achieving their full potential of development and growth, through observation of students’ behavior and needs, and consult with the Middle School Dean, the school counselor and the Director of Learning Services
- Work collaboratively with Division Directors and other staff members to build positive school culture
- Assist in the preparation and cleanup of PE Classes
- Support the Athletic Director in administrative duties, including such responsibilities as being present at afterschool games, running the scoreboard, and driving teams to events in school vans.
- Possibly coach after school sports
- Commitment to the School’s mission is essential
- Ability to work collaboratively with a dedicated staff
- Minimum of two years of experience working with students, ideally in a school or coaching setting
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Experience in an independent school setting is helpful
- Willingness to model professional and ethical standards when working with students, teachers, and families.
- Tasks involve the ability to exert physical effort including climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling, lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of moderately heavy objects and materials associated with teaching physical education
- A growth mindset, an active sense of humor, and warm personality
St. Matthew’s Episcopal Day School offers a generous benefits package, is committed to equitable hiring practices, and enthusiastically encourages professionals of all backgrounds to apply.
St. Matthew’s Episcopal Day School Mission Statement
The School’s mission is to inspire, through an academically challenging course of study, the intellectual curiosity, confidence, moral courage, and character that prepare students to be leaders of positive change in the world.