DIRECTOR OF ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT
The Director of Enrollment Management is an integral part of the school’s administrative team and is responsible for managing all facets of admissions and enrollment to attract, enroll, and retain a diverse and dynamic Pre-Kindergarten - 8th Grade student population.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Director of Enrollment Management will:
- Contribute to the mission and standards of the school by recruiting and retaining students who will benefit from St. Matthew’s unique culture and strong program and who will contribute positively to the school community.
- Formulate forward-thinking, strategic application, admission, and enrollment policies.
- Work with the Communications Specialist to develop a strategic recruitment and communication plan to reach targeted audiences, including identifying and implementing best-practice web-based technologies.
- Report directly to the Head of School and serve as a liaison to the board of trustees regarding admissions and enrollment.
- Coordinate four essential elements to ensure a competitive admissions process and the long-term health of the student body and broader alumni/ae base:
- admission management (the tracking of prospective students from interest to application to enrollment)
- student retention
- research (analyzing data that affect enrollment)
- marketing (in conjunction with the Communications Specialist and Development Office)
- Host admission open houses, tours, and other related events, attend and represent the school at Bay Area private school fairs.
- Work closely with the Director of Finance and Operations and the Business Office.
- Partner with academic leadership to effectively understand, represent, and promote the school’s program.
- Help identify potential donors – graduates, parents, the broader community.
- Understand the culture and climate of St. Matthew’s and the broader educational environment of the Bay Area.
- Foster high ethical standards, integrity, and respect for colleagues, alumni/ae, parents, and students throughout the admissions process.
- Supervise admission office staff.
- Oversee enrollment management budgets.
- Be sensitive to economic, cultural, and other issues present in the enrollment of a diverse student body.
- Communicate clearly and enthusiastically to all staff and prospective students.
This position includes evening and weekend duties.
- A bachelor’s degree; master’s degree preferred
- Three to five years of experience in education, preferably in admissions
- A high level of cultural competency for working with diverse groups
- Proven success in an administrative role, preferably working with a board
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- The ability to work collaboratively with other school community members
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
St. Matthew’s Episcopal Day School offers a generous benefits package, is committed to equitable hiring practices, and enthusiastically encourages professionals of all backgrounds to apply.
The School's mission is to inspire, through an academically challenging course of study, the intellectual curiosity, confidence, moral courage, and character that prepare students to be leaders of positive change in the world.