Thank you for your interest in St. Matthew’s Episcopal Day School!
Important message: The application process is simple and many of the steps can be completed online.
Please note that St. Matthew’s Episcopal is one of many schools in the Bay Area and across the nation using a web-based application called Ravenna. Ravenna allows you to efficiently inquire, schedule a Campus Tour and Open House, complete the application, reserve a shadow visit for your student, track forms and the status of the application over several months, as well as view decision notifications in the spring.
Application Steps for St. Matthew's Episcopal Day School:
1. Schedule your parent Campus Tour and/or Open House. (Through Ravenna or call the Admission Office)
2. Complete and submit your online application(s). The non-refundable application fee is $100 per student.
Please contact the Admission Office if the fee presents a barrier to your application.
3. Middle School applicants MUST register for the ISEE admission test.
4. Follow the online directions regarding recommendation and transcript release forms.
5. Once your application is submitted the Admission Office will contact you to complete the following, grade
specific, steps in the process.
To begin the process through Ravenna, click on the APPLY NOW button below to create your account.
We are here for you! The Admission Team is available to assist you and your family throughout the application
process, should you get stuck, have a question, or want to share some additional information with us. Please contact us at (650) 274-0728.
Grade Specific Application and Visit Information
|ECC: Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten|
- Assessment visits will be scheduled on an individual basis beginning in January 2017.
- Preschool applicants must be three years old by September 1, 2017.
- Pre-Kindergarten applicants must be four years old by September 1, 2017.
- All Kindergarten applicants will attend our Kindergarten Assessment Morning on Saturday, February 4, 2017.
- Kindergarten applicants must be five years old by September 1, 2017.
- The Admission Office will contact you to schedule your student’s shadow visit and assessment day. Visits will take place in January and February, 2017.
- First Grade applicants must be six years old by September 1, 2017.
Upon receipt of your application, the Admission Office will contact you to schedule your student’s shadow visit. The following dates are currently available (maximum 4-5 students per day):
Wednesday, January 11th
Friday, January 13th
Wednesday, January 18th
ISEE EXAM - Register online for your student to take the ISEE exam. Early registration is strongly recommended. For your convenience, the ISEE is being held at St. Matthew’s on January 7, 2017.
- ISEE scores must be received no later than February 3, 2017.
- St. Matthew’s ISEE registration code is 054141.
- The ISEE may be taken at any location; however please make sure to list St. Matthew’s as one of the schools to receive the scores.
- All additional supporting documents, teacher recommendation forms and transcripts are due by the January 12th application deadline but not later than February 3, 2017.
St. Matthew’s Episcopal Day School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to
all the rights, privileges, programs and activities of the School. St. Matthews welcomes students and
families of all races, colors, gender, sexual orientation, and national and ethnic origins.
2016-2017 APPLICATION SEASON
Grades 5-8: Friday, January 12, 2017
Preschool-Grade 4: Friday, January 26, 2017
Campus tours for parents are held during Fall and Winter. All tours for this admission season are over. Please contact Director of Admission, Ellen Williamson at 650-274-0728 or at firstname.lastname@example.org